Monday 16 March 2015

GIVE THANKS!







We should all learn to be grateful!

When things get tough we all beg the question why me? why is this happening to me? I watch my siblings eat whatever they like without worrying about the consequences and I go why me? I'm the youngest I should be the healthiest..but it doesn't really work that way. We complain, we blame, I can remember saying to God, "I know you can heal me and take away all my pains and heartaches but you just prefer to sit there and watch me suffer, guess my suffering brings you joy"...pretty harsh eh! After saying that statement, something hit me and I said to myself, Wemmy, you know there were people that were so healthy, that went to bed yesterday night and never woke up...be grateful you are alive.

It might feel like there is nothing to be grateful for, things are not working why should I be grateful but i bet you, there are tons of things to be grateful for. Stop and say thank you to anything. Be grateful you are alive, be grateful for that warm house you come back to, the job you have even if you hate (it clothes and feeds you), food in your fridge, appetite to eat the food, a car that starts every morning, families that love you, friends that support you,

When something unexpected  happens like health issues or disappointments we blame (like I did). Sometimes these things we feel we don't deserve and don't understand why they are happening to us but as time goes on we realize the importance of the road block, maybe it was made to make us feel stronger, to introduce us to cool people, maybe it made us realized how easy we have had it, gives us the right connections in life. Whatever it might be, just be grateful and give thanks always.



No comments:

Post a Comment