Saturday 28 February 2015

LIVING IN THE MOMENT!






I'm always worrying  and thinking about whats gonna happen? Who am gonna get married to? What kind of wife will i be? Do I really want kids? How is my mum doing? How will my life turn out? How is my family back home in Nigeria? When will i find a job? What kinda job will i have? How will my career turn out? Will i be successful in life? But I never stop just to live in the moment. I don't live in today...I'm always in "tomorrow or the future mode". I also day dream about the kinda of life I want or I wish i had right now.

But what does it really mean to live in the moment, living in the moment is being mindful of the present, not worrying about the future or things that are yet to happen, living where our lives are, concentrating our attention on the things at hand, we focus on the tasks we have presently.

When we train ourselves to live in the moment, we are fully involved in what's going on and we begin to discover the beauty and the wonder that comes with the moment.

To make every moment count, we must embrace everything we do and every person we come in contact with deserves our full attention. Even when are taking a stroll, we should savour the moment, it gives us the opportunity to recharge, renew and gain clarity.

Quite often we put huge expectations on ourselves and our lives. We rush to do this, hurry up with that, without actually enjoying the process. What's the rush? Where are we actually going?

When we appreciate each moment and learn from it, we live consciously, purposefully and responsibly. Likewise some live in the past and don't let go of painful experiences, hurts, disappointments and difficult times, we condemn ourselves. We can not change the past, we can however learn from it, know its over and move on.

When we are positive and optimistic in the present, we open the possibility of a positive and promising future. We owe it to ourselves to make every moment count.

I know there are many steps for living in the moment out there; but for me, i have decided to live in the moment each day, not worrying about the future or regretting the past. I will be grateful for each day and live in it and handle things as they come.



XoXo,
Wemmy.

















No comments:

Post a Comment