Saturday 21 February 2015

DIABETES BURNOUT




Diabetes burnout is a term given to the state of disillusion, frustration and somewhat submission to the condition of diabetes.

 I simply put it as being sick of the daily grind of diabetes management. As a diabetic there is just always so much for me to do everyday...


  • Wake up check my fasting blood sugar
  • Think of what to have for breakfast (how many carbs can/do i want to have)
  • Inject myself with insulin
  • Have my breakfast
  • Check my blood sugar two hours after (which is almost always still very high) 
  • Wait another two hours and check if it has gone down to the normal numbers...
Imagine repeating  the same grind for lunch and dinner, having to deal with mood swings that comes with my highs and lows...have people pass silly comments such as can you have this or that, i found a cure for diabetes, maybe you had too much sugar when you were growing up...the list is endless. I get to a point where i just can't take it anymore, i freak out and say damn you diabetes i just wanna live my life!

However, i just can't wish it away..it's still there and i have to live with it. So I burnout, go wild and come back to it. I have been able to come up with a 80/20 rule for my diabetes management will share that in another post. 


Like i always say diabetes is a full time job and I believe i can do this, i believe in me and i don't think i have been doing badly.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger..makes you a fighter!

Stay Positive!

XoXo,
Wemmy.




No comments:

Post a Comment